Dax Messett has spent the last 11 years as a full time, worldwide fly fishing professional guide and instructor.
His relentless pursuit to find unique, challenging angling experiences has taken him to some of the finest fresh and saltwater venues throughout the world.
He has guided extensively for trout and steelhead throughout Northern California, Oregon, Montana, and New Zealand.
A truly fervent angler in search of the moment, Dax spends well over 300 days a year on the water chasing both fresh and saltwater species.
He continuously strives for excellence in both his personal angling skill development as well as his teaching and instruction techniques.
Being a truly passionate instructor, Dax is regarded as one of the West’s finest casting and angling instructors.
All guided trips focus on the clients progression of angling skill, enjoyment of the venue, and respect of the angling environment is paramount.
* Guided trips in Northern California and Southern Oregon for steelhead and trout
* Casting instruction, both single hand & spey casting…FFF certified
* Featured Guest Lecturer for clubs and conclaves
* Feature article writing & photography
* Award Winning Promotional Videography…filming, editing, & production
- available for lodges, outfitters, travel agents, clients, & guides
* Hosted travel Coordinator for superb fresh & saltwater venues worldwide
* Custom casting clinics and schools for individuals, groups, & clubs
* Dedicated steelhead angler, focusing on spey casting and swing techniques on the finest steelhead rivers in the West
* New Zealand booking agent and expert trip planning for the keen angler